The Association of Directors of Public Health have been surveying their members. Asking about resources they found that since November 2011 over half had lost resources:
We asked whether there had been a loss of PH capacity since November 2011 (our last transition survey).
- Loss of DsPH and / or Deputy or Assistant DPH = 12 (16%)
- Loss of Consultant in PH = 13 (17%)
- Loss of other Specialists = 12 (16%)
- Loss of other staff = 29 (38%)
- Loss of programme funding = 10 (13%)
- 33 (43%) did not report a loss of capacity